Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas Review #SimplyIndulge

Okay, I'll be honest: I am not a tea person. I never have been, and I likely never will be. I don't like the smell, and the taste is always too bitter for me. So when I received these four samples of Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas in my Influenster J'adore VoxBox, I was a little...well worried. How do I review something I know I don't like?

Well, I decided to have an open mind and just try them anyway.

I googled the best way to "doctor" up flavored teas like these when you aren't a tea-drinker, and most people said to add plenty of milk/cream and sugar. I like milk. I like sugar. Let's do this.

In my VoxBox I received three Creme Caramel tea bags and one Lemon Chiffon tea bag. I figured milk and sugar would go better in a caramel flavored tea, so I grabbed one of those.



From the Influenster product card: "Red Rose Simply Indulgent Teas deliver rich decadent flavors in a premium black tea blend. Enjoy this indulgence in a cup, with none of the calories and none of the guilt."



I decided to use my Keurig to brew the tea because boiling water takes too damn long. Can I just talk about my Keurig for a second? I love this thing. My sister and I begged for one for like...six months, and Santa brought us one as our family Christmas gift, straight from a QVC Today's Special Value presentation. As you can see, my family is made up of coffee people. My mom drinks tea from time to time, but we like coffee. And cocoa.



I put the tea bag in my Soft Kitty mug (a Christmas gift from my sister--along with a T-shirt and a singing Soft Kitty doll) and I noticed that it didn't have a super strong tea smell. I mean...I could tell it was tea, but it wasn't that overpowering smell that I strongly dislike. I brewed some hot water into my cup; I used the second-smallest setting--6 oz. I believe--to make sure I'd have plenty of room for milk in my mug. The instructions recommend steeping the tea for 3-5 minutes, and I think I left mine for just under 3--I don't like strong tea, remember?



I added some sugar and some Vanilla flavored powdered creamer...because it was sitting there...and then filled my mug the rest of the way with milk. It kind of looked like a really light roast coffee filled 3/4 of the way with milk. Really creamy looking.



Then, I tasted. It...wasn't bad. Obviously the tea wasn't strong because I didn't steep it for very long, but I could still taste tea more than I could taste any flavor. However, it wasn't terrible. It was definitely a tea that I could drink all of, versus the million other teas I've tried that I poured down the drain before the second sip.

So even though tea is not my favorite thing in the world, and I will still never be a tea drinker, I have to say that this Red Rose Creme Caramel tea was not bad. It's definitely something I would keep on hand for days when my throat is hurting and I need something hot.

I decided to skip my February faves post and do a combined February/March Faves post as the month closes out because I only tried one or two products I'm obsessed with last month, and that didn't seem like enough for a full post. I also have my first ipsy unbagging and a DEB birthday shopping haul on deck for you, so stay tuned! 

xoxo
Allyson Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment