Wednesday, March 5, 2014

March Julep Maven Unboxing!

Hi all! Today I have my March Julep Maven box to show you.

This month Julep released The Riviera Collection. "The Riviera Collection includes nine jet-setting shades inspired by the vibrant colors and luxurious, laidback lifestyle of the Mediterranean coastline" (via Julep's blog).



I opted for the Modern Beauty box this months because A. Lord knows I have too much nail polish, and B. I like lip products.

The Modern Beauty box included the Luxe Lip Conditioning Treatment and the Buff Lip Scrub.



The Luxe Lip Conditioning Treatment is "fortified with omega-rich pumpkin oil nourishing sunflower wax, and healing vitamin E." It also includes Green coffee bean oil to "smooth fine lines and enhance lip definition." Julep instructs that this treatment be applied to lips throughout the bed and before bed, and can be worn alone or as a hydrating base for lip color.



This stuff smells amazing--just like pumpkins. It's really thick and creamy, and it has a slight pink tint to it, but it doesn't really translate on the skin. Well, at least not on the back of my hand. I think I'll be getting a lot of use out of this since this bitterly cold winter has left my lips so dry.



The Julep Buff Lip Scrub is "packed with exfoliating sugar crystals, nourishing vitamin E, and moisturizing panthenol (vitamin B5),  [and]...buffs away dry, flaky skin to reveal smooth, gorgeous lips." The instructions are simple enough: massage over lips and tissue off. It's basically meant to be a sugar scrub that is contained in a convenient applicator rather than in a jar, which can get kind of messy.



This stuff smells really sweet. Almost vanilla scented, but I'm not really sure how exactly to describe it. I rubbed it on the back of my hand and it's a little sticky, and the sugar crystals are really fine, so I didn't actually feel them until I rubbed it with my finger. I think this will feel really good on my chapped lips before I apply the Conditioning Treatment, just to get all that gross dry skin off.

I did opt to add of the Julep polish add-ons this month because I had some Jules to spend. This polish caught my eye because of the name more than the color. Rae is my middle name, so I had to have this. One of the reasons I like Julep so much is because I have managed to actually almost find a polish spelled like my name. It's missing an 'l,' but Alyson does have the 'y' I can never seem to find on personalized products (Thanks, Mom). I also managed to pick up a polish called Ally, so that's cool.



Anyway, back to Rae. Rae is the 2014 Pantone Color of the Year polish, a "Radiant Orchid creme."





It's really pretty in the bottle, and looks like it will be one or two coater, which is a plus. I do kind of need more cream polishes in my life; almost everything I have is shimmery or glittery--just like me! haha. I will be swatching this one once I receive the March birthstone polish I ordered from the Secret Store (because it's my birthday month!) so be on the lookout for that in the next week or so.



Also, a little extra Julep threw in: a cinnamon stick candy from Gilliam candy company! Yummy. I love the little treats that Julep includes in our Maven boxes. They also included a 35% discount code for the lip duo from this month's box, and a 25% off code for the lip glosses that were included in the other Maven boxes this month.

If you're interested in the Julep Maven program, you can sign up here. The subscription is $19.99 a month, and (under the new terms of the program) you can earn a skip every six months. You'll take a quiz and determine your default style profile, and you can change that default profile or try a new style every month during the selection window. As a Maven, you also receive free shipping and 20% off all purchases at julep.com. If you have any questions, feel free to comment below and I'll answer as best I can.

I'll be putting up my February Faves post sometime this week, and I'll also have an ipsy glam bag first impressions post and some new OOTDs coming up soon too. :)

xoxo
Allyson Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment