Thursday, March 20, 2014

My first ipsy "unbagging" - March 2014

Hi all! Today I have photos and first impressions of my very first ipsy Glam Bag!



ipsy is a beauty subscription service and community created by YouTube beauty guru Michelle Phan. For $10.00 a month, you get a cute cosmetic travel bag filled with four or five beauty products to try and review for points. You can redeem points to get bonus goodies in an upcoming ipsy bag.

I am a new subscriber and I was really excited to get my first bag in the mail. This is the March 2014 "Destination Beauty" Glam Bag.



This month's bag "Klari" was designed by artist Klari Reis. It is an abstract rendering of a San Fransisco street map, where ipsy was born. I thought it was super cute, although I was kind of hoping for a true map print bag for my upcoming vacation.

Anyway, these are the goodies I got in this month's bag.



This Pixi Flawless beauty primer is really nice. It's smooth and has a subtle glow with a slight shimmer. I tried to swatch it, but it blends so nicely into my skin it didn't show up on camera! I am not a huge primer user because my foundation is a 3-in-1 and works pretty well, but I might use this in the summer when I want a glow without full face makeup.



I also got this Chella Fine-Tip Eyeliner Pen in Indigo Blue. I really don't wear any liner color but black but this liner makes me want to try it. I am OBSESSED with this.



I mean LOOK at that tip. I can only imagine what I could do with a tip like that. The color is really stunning, and I even had my mom swatch it. When she rubbed at it, she described it as "bulletproof." It didn't budge, smudge or smear even seconds after application.



When I saw we were getting a bareMinerals lipstick in the Glam Bag, I was psyched. I was a little less psyched to see it was only a sample size. I expected a full-size tube. But I couldn't stay disappointed when I saw the color. It's so pretty.



This color is not translating well on camera at all. Here it looks kind of coral, but Get Ready is more of a berry pink color. Not super dark, but it definitely doesn't have this orangey look to it in person. It looks amazing with my skin and I wouldn't hesitate to go full-size with this one. I only wish it had been full-size to begin with.



The last product I got this month is the NYX Love in Rio Palette in Moonlit Skinny Dip. The packaging on this is so cute, with a little bow on the latch area. The photo below shows the shades much more true to color.



However, I don't know how I feel about these shades. In the palette, they look gorgeous. But the color payoff was a little disappointing. It might just be my skin tone, or the fact that I've been spoiled with the nudes in my Naked 2 palette, but these ones are just kind of washed out and dull.



The lightest shade barely shows up and the center shade is really dull--not like the vibrant tan/gold shade you see in the package. I'm gonna give them a try on my actual eyelids before I rule them out completely, but right now these ones aren't quite doing it for me.

Overall, I am really happy with my decision to subscribe to ipsy. For $10.00 a month, you can't beat getting cool new brands and products to try. I was a little bummed to not get the Nicole by OPI Roughies polish that was also available in the bags this month, but then again, I have more polish than I know what to do with.

If you are interested in subscribing to ipsy, you can sign up here. I think it's a really cool service.

I am waiting on more more order to be delivered, and then I'll have my DEB Birthday haul to share with you. It's a big one, so be prepared! ;)

xoxo
Allyson Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment